- McDonald's 29%
- Unbranded litter 21%
- Greggs 18%
- KFC 8%
- Subway/Branded coffee shops 5%
13 January 2009
12 January 2009
At last, Kate Winslet has won not just one, but two Golden Globe awards (after being nominated five times previously). This sets her up for a good chance of winning her first Oscar.
It reminds me of her parody of herself in Ricky Gervais' Extras where she says the only reason she's doing the role as a nun saving Jews from the Nazi's is because it's the kind of role that gets the awards. It's ironic that she won a Globe for playing an ex-Nazi prison officer. Maybe that's what made her chose the role.
Congratulations to Slumdog Millionaire too, I must see that, along with The Wrestler. I must also mention the late Heath Ledger too, he must win the Oscar for his portrayal of the Joker.
So the Golden Globes is the first big ceremony of the awards season. Here are the winners:
- Picture, Drama: "Slumdog Millionaire."
- Picture, Musical or Comedy: "Vicky Christina Barcelona."
- Actor, Drama: Mickey Rourke, "The Wrestler."
- Kate Winslet, "Revolutionary Road."
- Director: Danny Boyle, "Slumdog Millionaire."
- Actor, Musical or Comedy: Colin Farrell, "In Bruges."
- Actress, Musical or Comedy: Sally Hawkins, "Happy-Go-Lucky."
- Supporting Actor: Heath Ledger, "The Dark Knight."
- Supporting Actress: Kate Winslet, "The Reader."
- Foreign Language Film: "Waltz With Bashir."
- Animated Film: "Wall-E."
- Screenplay: Simon Beaufoy, "Slumdog Millionaire."
- Original Score: A.R. Rahman, "Slumdog Millionaire."
- Original Song: "The Wrestler" (performed by Bruce Springsteen, written by Bruce Springsteen), - The Wrestler."
- Series, Drama: "Mad Men."
- Actor, Drama: Gabriel Byrne, "In Treatment."
- Actress, Drama: Anna Paquin, "True Blood."
- Series, Musical or Comedy: "30 Rock."
- Actor, Musical or Comedy: Alec Baldwin, "30 Rock."
- Actress, Musical or Comedy: Tina Fey, "30 Rock."
- Miniseries or Movie: "John Adams."
- Actress, Miniseries or Movie: Laura Linney, "John Adams."
- Actor, Miniseries or Movie: Paul Giammatti, "John Adams."
- Supporting Actress, Series, Miniseries or Movie: Laura Dern, "Recount."
- Supporting Actor, Series, Miniseries or Movie: Tom Wilkinson, "John Adams."
- Cecil B. DeMille Award: Steven Spielberg