08 December 2008

21 Popular Movie Characters and how many times they've been portrayed

Hitler: more popular than Elvis


There was a Robin Hood film on TV today. It got me wondering how many times he's been portrayed in film and which characters had been played more. So I checked it out and here's my list of enduringly iconic film characters and how many times they have appeared (according to the Internet Movie Database).

Interestingly by portaying God (the winner here) they are breaking one of the Ten Commandments!

  • 299 God
  • 241 Jesus Christ
  • 211 Sherlock Holmes
  • 230 Adolf Hitler
  • 195 Count Dracula
  • 157 Elvis Presley
  • 93 Winston Churchill
  • 88 Robin Hood
  • 81 Frankenstein's Monster
  • 78 Julius Caesar
  • 75 Tarzan
  • 71 Ebenezer Scrooge
  • 68 Zorro
  • 67 Queen Elizabeth II
  • 63 Cleopatra
  • 60 Queen Elizabeth I
  • 51 King Henry VIII
  • 43 James Bond
  • 43 William Shakespeare
  • 42 Dr. Fu Manchu
  • 23 Hercule Poirot

    These characters are ones I have thought of off the top of my head, can you think of any more popular ones?

No comments: