09 June 2008

Keep music live!

It's been a great year of live music for me, including the biggest gig I've ever been to, the Foo Fighters at Wembley Stadium on Saturday (with encore support by Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones of Ledd Zepplin!). It was immense and they raaawked, man! Truely (as Dave Grohl would say) fuckin awesome. Thought I'd better mark the occasion with a list:


Great bands I've seen live this year (in no particular order):

Foo Fighters
The Police
The Who
Kaiser Cheifs
Ezio
The Levellers
The Killers
Bjork
Supergrass
The Futureheads
The Kooks
Manic Street Preachers
Arcade Fire
Babyshambles
Klaxons
The Enemy
Beetroot Kings
The Runners

...and with Glastonbury Festival just weeks away, Beetroot Kings single release gig next weekend, REM (supported by Editors and Guillemots) in August, Bearded Theory part II in October, Beautiful Days festival and even Boy George to come, it's not all over! Long live live music!

If you don't know some of the above bands then I recommend you check them out, cos these are the cream of the crop of bands I've seen in the past 12 months.

No comments: