It seems there is a phobia for everything. No just disliking, or being scared for a reason. A phobia is an irrational fear which leads to actions to avoid the source in anyway possible. The following list is of phobias that seem quite strange. They might seem funny but for the people who experience them it must be truly odd. Please don't laugh, please! If they have a medical name, at least one person must have been diagnosed with them! Some must make life impossible: Dendrophobia (fear of trees) or Agyrophobia (fear of streets or crossing the street).
Luckily I don't have an irrational fear of anything. All my fears are rational, like pain (I come up in bruises).
- Amathophobia - Fear of dust (or Koniophobia).
- Arachibutyrophobia - Fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of the mouth.
- Chronomentrophobia - Fear of clocks.
- Automatonophobia - Fear of ventriloquist's dummies, animatronic creatures, wax statues - anything that falsely represents a sentient being.
- Coulrophobia - Fear of clowns.
- Lachanophobia - Fear of vegetables.
- Levophobia - Fear of things to the left side of the body
- Lutraphobia - Fear of otters.
- Geniophobia - Fear of chins.
- Genuphobia - Fear of knees.
- Helminthophobia - Fear of being infested with worms.
- Ithyphallophobia - Fear of seeing, thinking about or having an erect penis.
- Nephophobia - Fear of clouds.
- Octophobia - Fear of the figure 8.
- Papaphobia - Fear of the Pope
- Peladophobia - Fear of bald people
- Pentheraphobia - Fear of mother-in-law. (also Novercaphobia)
- Phonophobia - Fear of one's own voice.
- Politicophobia - Fear or abnormal dislike of politicians.
- Sesquipedalophobia - Fear of long words (they could have called it something shorter!)
- Zemmiphobia - Fear of the great mole rat (not any rat, just that one!).
By the way, the title of this thread, Panophobia, is the fear of everything.