28 September 2007

Bands People Want to Reunite

In a week when the Sex Pistols announced another reunion tour and with tickets for The Cure at Wembly going on sale tomorrow this list is about bands getting back together Not that The Cure really went anywhere, I've seen them a couple of times and would love to again).

A poll released this week shows that Pink Floyd are the band that most Music Choice* customers want to re-form. 5000 people were surveyed and the list of groups people want to get back together is below, followed by the ones they wish would split up! People were only given the choice of the ten bands in the list and asked which would be their favourite to get back together, so it's not very scientific, Ive no idea who chose those ten.

If I was asked this question a year ago I would have said The Police, and I've been lucky enough to have my wishes granted and actually got to see them too (review here) and I saw The Who at Glastonbury. It makes my choices very difficult (and Ive kept it to bands with most members still alive! The Beatles anyone?!)

Music Choice Poll Results:
The bands people want to see reform:

  1. Pink Floyd
  2. Abba
  3. Guns n' Roses
  4. The Jam
  5. Talking Heads
  6. Fugees
  7. Van Halen
  8. Wham!
  9. Spandau Ballet
  10. Boyzone

The bands people want to see split up:
  1. Spice Girls
  2. Westlife
  3. Girls Aloud
  4. Oasis
  5. The Rolling Stones
  6. Black Eyed Peas
  7. Coldplay
  8. Bon Jovi
  9. INXS
  10. REM

Bands I'd Like to See Reform**:

  1. The Smiths
  2. The Libertines
  3. Simon and Garfunkle
  4. Suede
  5. Take That! (with Robbie!)
  6. Velvet Underground
  7. Blur
  8. The Kinks
  9. Inspiral Carpets
  10. Stone Roses

*Who are Music Choice, these results are all over the internet so it was a great marketing ploy!

*Now that was tough. I've seen some of those bands (in italics) and I'm sure that reunions of some of them would be terrible but hey, I got up to 10!

No comments: