Top Ten Pickup lines for use on International Talk Like a Pirate Day
(We [the guys from TLaP web site] came up with these in an effort to interest The Other Dave (Letterman) in TLAPD. His staff liked 'em, but alas, his show was"dark" the week of Sept. 19.)
10 . Avast, me proud beauty! Wanna know why my Roger is so Jolly?
9. Have ya ever met a man with a real yardarm?
8. Come on up and see me urchins.
7. Yes, that is a hornpipe in my pocket and I am happy to see you.
6. I'd love to drop anchor in your lagoon.
5. Pardon me, but would ya mind if fired me cannon through your porthole?
4. How'd you like to scrape the barnacles off of me rudder?
3. Ya know, darlin’, I’m 97 percent chum free.
2. Well blow me down?
And the number one pickup line for use on International Talk Like a Pirate Day is
1. Prepare to be boarded.
19 September 2007
Ahoy, me beauties. Today be International Talk Like a Pirate Day. This be set up by them fine harty mates, John Baur and Mark Summers, at talklikeapirate.com. I be offrin this list from thar, to help all you scurvy land lubbers who ain't got the noggins to grab y'selves a wench.
I be planning to get me shipmates at work speaking like this today. Please visit t'web site to pick up more of the vernacular.