- The communication device used by Qui-Gon Jinn is a remodeled women's Sensor Excel razor.
- The sound was completely re-dubbed for the light-sabre duels, mainly to add the sounds of the light-sabres themselves but also to take out the sound of Ewan McGregor (Obi-Wan Kenobi) making the noises with his mouth as he fought.
- Like her daughter in the classic trilogy, Queen Amidala is the best shot with a blaster.
- The Phantom Menace was the name of a Flash Gordon comics villain
- Revenge of the Sith has the highest on-screen body count (if you don't take into account the destruction of the planet Alderean in Episode One), with 115 deaths
- Jabba the Hutt's full name is Jabba Desilijic Tiure.
- There are many events in the prequels that mirror events in the classic films. In every film a character has part of their arm chopped off with a light-sabre. Boba Fett was able to see through Han Solo's trick of hiding in the asteroid belt because he saw Obi-Wan use the same trick in the Geonosis asteroid belt. Another reference to the earlier films was when Jango Fett bangs his head on the doorway when getting onto his ship in Attack of the Clones (in reference to the classic blooper in Star Wars).
- The Phantom Menace was the first Star Wars film to be released on DVD and the last ever film to be released on Laserdisc.
- The Phantom Menace was also the first film to be released with Dolby Digital Surround EX sound.
- Padme and Queen Amidala have different speaking voices because Natalie Portman's voice was digitally enhanced to differentiate them.
- Many earthly languages were used instead of inventing completely new alien ones. The Sanskrit words for lotus and warrior were used for the names Padme and Yoda.
- The same sound was used for Obi-Wan's light-sabre being kicked down the reactor shaft in The Phantom Menace and Luke throwing his light-sabre away when he confronts the Emperor in Return of the Jedi.
- Each film starts with and ends in the same way. They open with the shot of a star field and the camera tilts to show a planet, whilst they end on a sequence with no dialogue.
- Despite being the most expensive to make ($120m) Attack of the Clones is the only film in the series not to top the box office highest takings of the year in the US in the year it was released.
- C-3PO speaks the first and last words in the movies. "Did you hear that? They've shut down the main reactor" in Star Wars and "Oh no!" in Revenge of the Sith.
23 September 2007
Here's part two of the 30 Facts About Star Wars list, concentrating on the prequels: