27 September 2007

The Top Ten Scenes in Film

The Times Online has published a list of their film writers favourite movie scenes. It's an interesting list but to be honest it's not what I would have chosen (maybe apart from the Apocalypse Now one). So here's the list followed by ten of my own choices (excluding scenes from the movies I have already listed in my top ten movie twists and this blog has had enough Star Wars recently. Oh, and I'm leaving out opening scenes, cos that's for other lists.).

The Times List:

  • The dawn helicopter attack in Apocalypse Now
  • Dil pulls down her tights in The Crying Game
  • The arrival of Uncle Monty at the cottage in Withnail & I
  • The beergarden scene from Cabaret
  • “Funny how? Funny like I’m a clown? I amuse you?” from Goodfellas
  • “All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy” – The Shining
  • “You wanna have a catch?” from Field of Dreams
  • The lobby carnage in The Matrix
  • The eyes have it in Les Diaboliques
  • “I coulda been a contender” in On the Waterfront

DeeDubya's List:

  • "Like tears in rain", Batty's monologue in Blade Runner
  • The hole in the sunken boat from Jaws
  • "Stuck in the Middle With You" from Reservoir Dogs
  • "I Wanna Be Like You" from The Jungle Book
  • The final chase from The Wrong Trousers
  • "Am I talking to you?" from Taxi Driver
  • Nick Rivers concert in Top Secret!
  • The train fight from Spiderman 2
  • The battle of Helm's Deep - LotR: The Two Towers
  • The chestburster breakfast from Alien


My number one favourite film scene would have to be the "Miss fuzzy britches" reveal from The Shawshank Redemption. Pure class.

No comments: